Thursday, January 13, 2011

Paul & Joe Touch Up Brush

I know this seems a little nutty: me reviewing a lip brush. Why a lip brush? They're all basically the same, right? No, not really. I personally own my share of lipbrushes, some for just filling in the lips, others to create the crisp lip line, and of course a retractable one for touch ups.

So today, I was at the Le Metier de Beaute counter at Bergdorf Goodman and purchased an item, which I will review tomorrow. The Makeup Artist there used Paul and Joes lip brush to apply the lipstick. I stopped him dead in his tracks and asked, "Who makes this lipbrush!?!?" I sit there and play with it for a good minute or two, easily amused by it. He tells me who makes it and I make a mad dash to the Paul & Joe counter.




On top is the Paul and Joe lipbrush above a MAC 242 for reference.





Why is this lipbrush so special you ask? Let's take a peek as to why:













The top lipbrush is my Sephora one, which I've had for several years. It's a nice brush, but my personal pet peeve with this one is that when you close the brush, there's the hole where the brush itself comes out, and debris easily gets into the brush. It's slightly irritating constantly cleaning it, or wiping the debris on a napkin. I always carry my lipstick in my bag in case for touchups, because if i leave some of the lipstick on the Sephora brush, I couldn't use the brush for touchups. Thank you random bits of lint, whatever little crap that collects on the end of the brush.

The Paul and Joe brush in the top photo has a long cap, which is brilliant. I've owned lipbrushes with caps that easily come off in my bag, which leads to serious disasters. I swear my bag has ghosts in it, but back to the review.


You see that little silver ball? yes, it has a purpose:









The silver ball you manually push it up so the brush comes out. woooooo talk about an invitation to constantly play with it...sliding it up and down, and up and down...ok that sounds a little...gross. LOL













Yes, its a slightly longer brush, but it's pretty awesome. :D










Can we also discuss the pretty flower that's lasered into the lid? Also, the champagne pink colored brush is so feminine. You and I both know we have makeup stuff that's usually black, silver, or gold packaging, so this brush is easy to find in your makeup bag.

The brush itself: I don't know what kind of animal hair or material it is, but it's soft and there's no hair/bristle fallout. It's not my ideal brush for lining a crisp line, because I use a really stiff brush for that particular purpose, but this brush is what I was looking for: a touchup brush (in which the cap won't come off in my purse). Huzzah!!

The price? $18. Worth it? Next paycheck, I'm getting 2 more of these.

Where it's sold: The only P&J counter in the USA is at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment