Thursday, September 16, 2010

NARS Pure Matte lipsticks in Terre de Feu and Tonkin

So today I went into the city to take a peek at Saks Fifth Avenue. I hadn't been there in a long time, so I figured that I should go.

I see a display with NARS lipsticks as soon as I enter the store

So I take a peek at the counter and saw these most GORGEOUS shades.

On the left side from top to bottom:

Vesuvio
Bangkok
Terre de Feu

On the right hand side (top to bottom)
Tashkent
Volga
Tonkin






So the MA there showed me the colors and it was instant love. I've always been a NARS girl when it comes to matte red lipsticks. I purchased Terre de Feu and Tonkin. Swatches are below:


Top to bottom:
Terre de Feu
Tonkin
Albatross lipgloss (Sephora exclusive).

I'm NC25/30 for reference














They are VERY matte, so if you do have dry lips, wear a sheer layer of balm underneath so it's not drying. I tried these without balm, and they are a bit dry, but I've worn drier lipsticks, so it's not that bad. There is no smell with either shade, which is a definite plus. I don't mind a smell, but I'm sure there are people out there who do. I didn't get to swatch the other shades, but these two were my favorite out of the bunch. I want to get Vesuvio, but at a later date. :)

As for Albatross lipgloss, Shawn Snell who was at Sephora today at an event suggested it to me. He applied it over Terre de Feu and WOW. Talk about SERIOUS dimension. I couldn't help but stare at how my lips looked. Definitely a must have lipgloss if you want to add dimension, or to sheer out a lip color. These lipsticks will be released in other stores on October 1st. :)

OH and I got a "Paper Tiger" mini cream eyeshadow as my GWP today:

















From L to R: Terre de Feu, Tonkin, Albatross lipgloss.







2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are really pretty. I can't deal with matte l/s though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont mind mattes as long as i have balm underneath. :) thank you for responding, as i'm working on other stuff right now...like my GA plum lipstick swatches :)

    ReplyDelete