Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Cleanser +

So with my purchase at Bergdorf Goodman, on a whim I decided to purchase their cleanser. Why you ask?  The pretty packaging. I love sleek, simple design packaging. Anyway, I was given a bit of background on this product. The founder of this company basically saw the good/benefits of Argan Oil and has a skincare line based around it. A percentage of the proceeds goes to maintaining sustainable development to the Berber women in Morocco (who grow the product).


More information can be seen at: http://www.kahina-givingbeauty.com


So I purchased the facial cleanser, which sells for $46 (plus tax) at Bergdorf Goodman. I wanted to give it a month or so before I reviewed it, but after what happened last night and this morning. I put some on my damp face, lightly rubbed it into my skin. The smell is wonderful (a citrus smell). It's a creamy, with a very slight exfoliating consistency. My face had a slight brightening effect and I thought to myself, "this is kinda cool". Went to bed, woke up the next morning.


I went to shower and washed my face with the same cleanser...and my face got nasty red splotches all over my face. I freaked out a bit when I saw it, because nothing else in my skincare routine has changed. I also noticed my left hand, which had the product as well had some red splotching, and I then realized "it's the cleanser". I've been known to react to nautral/organic skincare products (like Boscia, Claudie, LUSH, etc).


The ingredients are: water, organic orange floral water, decyl glucoside, organic argan oil, oat amino acids, organic honey, cocoglucoside, glyceyl oleate, organic willow bark extract, organic papaya extract, sodium pca, panthenol, levulinic acid, xantham gum, carrageenan, acacia Senegal gum, cellulose gum, lactic acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid, essential neroli oil.


I'm a bit sad over this because I've come to the realization that my face just can't do organic/natural skincare. So if you're into organic skincare, this is definitely a nice option for you. 


But until then, back to NIA24 cream cleanser I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment