Sunday, September 19, 2010

FACE Stockholm Cream Blush

Today I stopped by the store, which is located in the heart of SoHo, NYC. It's on the corner of Prince and Greene (as seen on the street sign). So I went inside to see what this line is all about.

I take a peek and what called out to me is their extensive lipstick and foundation/face stuff selection. They have a lot of foundations, correctors, powders, etc.

I went towards one wall, where it so happened that all of their blushes and lipsticks/glosses were located. Given that I posted on Illamasqua's cream blushes, I figure that it would be nice to see how other brands compare to one another.

I examine at some of their cream blushes, and seen here are the swatches of what caught my attention.

From top to bottom:

Athens
Stockholm
New York
















Top to bottom:

Hudson
Rio










They're shimmery, but definitely not over the top. They come in this really cute silver (mirror like) compact. Inside there's a mirror where you can check yourself out :)

New York's consistency was almost gel like compared to Athens and Stockholm. The size is .14 oz for $25. For some reason Illamasqua's looks larger in size, but it's actually the same oz as these. These blushes are a bit easier to apply with your fingers and aren't as vibrant (which can be a bit over the top sometimes). I really do like them, since I can just dab with my finger, lightly rub/pat on and be out the door. It's a slight flush of color. The packaging is small, which is convenient to carry in your purse. I also noticed that they don't last as long as some other cream blushes, at least on me. This is probably better suited for drier skin types.

They are quite lovely in terms of color and the finish, but if you have oily/combo skin, then just be aware that it doesn't last as long as some other cream blushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment